Friday, May 07, 2010

It's Already Been 4 Years?!

Last night at work things got a little slow so I started reading my blog from the beginning, which was August of 2004. I realized that I used to be really funny. Maybe I just think I was funny, but I was laughing my head off reading it all. I'm not funny like that anymore, not so silly and cheerful, hmm, wish I was. Life was so different in 2004. I was just starting nursing school and living in Winona. As I read I remembered how hard it was to study all the time! Not a lot of sleep, lots of hours alone in the study lounge, getting up at 5am for clinicals. Ugh I wouldn't do that part again. However, looking back, college is such a fond memory. I mostly remember all the good stuff, like being with my roomates. Here's a few pics from the early 00's for your viewing pleasure.

Kelsey and I one very late night at Walmart, we were a special.
My nursing friends at clinical in Wabasha.

I set this up to take a pic of myself, this was like 4am studying

I remember it getting so cold in the middle of the night, like your body knows it's supposed to be under covers, not studying.

The best girls a girl could ever know! I miss this!

So, there's a little flashback to my life in college. This is finals week for Winona, so, 4 years ago, now, I was studying my booty off! In many ways it really was a simpler time, although I wouldn't have believed that back then. Life is great now, but once in a while, I miss that 3 year stretch in Winona!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I loved College as well Brie...I had such a good time with friends and hanging out. Studying etc! Things were pretty care-free back then, but your right I wouldnt want to go back there. and p.s. you're still funny!

Kelsey said...

I miss Winona too- but it was a good chapter in our lives and when we are older, we will miss this chapter too with our kids being so little. Thanks for being the bestest roomie!

Heather said...

I miss my roomies too. I just don't miss the school part of it. I was at Walmart that night too, I remember "drinking" Draino. Fun times.

Megan said...

I was reading my blog from way back too...and i was pretty funny as well! I don't think my blogs are as clever or as funny anymore. adult life set in...But your mom is right, you're still very funny. if you weren't i wouldn't laugh every time i'm with you! you always make me laugh. laff laff laff...miss you. see you soon!

Ps. remember when we lived like, 5 min from one another in Winona, but never saw each other? I remember looking for the haunts in your Lourds Dorm. oooOOOooooooo!

Cindy's Closet said...

Since you haven't updated in over a month I consider you dead or, at the very least, living in a cave. Obviously facebook has replaced your blog. I know how you feel. Me too. BTW...you look fabulous and should blog about that.

Anonymous said...

nice and thanks.