Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Audrey Joanne!

2 years ago at just this time, Chris and I were in our hospital room waiting for Audrey to be born. We got there around 9:45 ish, so I'm sure by this time we were finally settled in. We were supposed to try to sleep. I think Chris got a little, but I couldn't really sleep, because my contractions were getting more and more uncomfortable. I think I decided to get an epidural around 2:30am and Audrey was born at 5:17am! The whole night was a blur. I remember lying there watching, ironically, the movie "Baby Mama" on TV. A short while after my epidural the pain started to get really bad. All the sudden it was time to push and about a 1/2 hr later, we had our Audrey. She was so perfect! Then it was first shots, first bath, first time seeing her family members and so on. And now here we are, 2 years later! Time seriously flies!

We had a wonderful birthday party for her yesterday. Today she keeps saying, "robot party?" And tomorrow, or in 15 minutes rather, is her actual birthday! It wasn't my turn to put Audrey to bed tonight, but Chris said, "Don't you want to be the one the puts her to bed that last time before she's 2?" And being so sentimental I said, "Oh yeh, I have to!" So I did :)

We love our sweet girl so much and are so proud of her. It's a joy to watch her grow and learn. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings. From what I've heard about tomorrow weather predictions it sounds like someday we'll be saying, "Remember how much snow we got on Audrey's 2nd birthday?" Bummer! We'll find something fun to do, but I do know it involved chocolate chip pancakes in the morning and Culver's ice-cream with Grandpa and Grandma later on :)

Here's a few pics of our sweet one....
A Few Hours Old







Our Little Family









One Year Old!



















2 Years Old! (almost)















Putting my girl to bed the night before her b-day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Audrey! Auntie C loves you!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Miss Audrey! See you on Friday:)

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Little one! I love you, little one! I hope you have a fun day! xoxox

Cousin Megan

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday sweet Audrey jo. Brie, can you believe you have a 2 yr old. Crazy huh.

Megan said...

I was also going to mention that as she grows...i see so much "Chris" in the little faces she makes...Looks like her daddy. :) course there are many traces of Brie in her as well. what a perfect little 2 year old! :D