Thursday, January 21, 2010

Water Babies

Audrey will be in a "water-babies" class in Feb/March. It's throught the YMCA and I do the class with her (duh). I'm going along with my friend Diana and her almost 6mo baby girl Zahra. We decided to take the girls early and see how they like it. The children's section at the Y is really cool, there are fountains and a slide and a shallow area and such. Because Audrey's past experiences in water (including a cold lake) went so well, I just assumed she'd love the water again. Well, I guess at 9mo she's more aware of her surroundings now and she got very nervous! As soon as we sat in the water she grabbed onto me for dear life and buried her face in my arm. After a few minutes of getting her used to it, she was her happy, playful self.
Her and Zahra splashed and touched the fountains and went down the slide, with help. We also dunked them under water and they both seemed to actually enjoy it! It was lots of fun to do something different with Audrey. I'm excited for her classes in Feb!
Audrey was not sad here, the camera just caught her lookin' that way :)
In other events, today was really fun. After swimming I had lunch/shopped at the mall with my mama. Later Chris brought me Culver's for din din and finally, I had game night with the MOPS girls, a very fun bunch! What a lovely day!
PS: Gran, I did this blog mostly for you, so you could see the pics!!!

5 comments:

granny said...

Thank you very much. I really love the blog. Audery is so cute. I miss seeing her. Squeeze her for me.

Megan said...

looks like so much fun! I bet Auds will be a little fish in no time. I mean...when she can function on her own, for the most part. little fishy! hehe, you're a good Momma Brie! :)

Jackie said...

Fun times for you and Audrey. Isnt it fun being a mama...especially when you can actually start doing things fun with them. Audrey will surely be a little fish like her mommma. I imagine you will have many fun trips to the pool. Thanks for letting us watch the little sweet thing last night while you went and had some, "brianna time".

Cindy's Closet said...

Love her little suit! I remember going to the Kasson swimming pool for Moms and tots hour when Jamey was 6 mo. old. It was fun!

Heather said...

Way to start her young Brianna...maybe she'll be a famous swimmer like me! ;)