Monday, June 08, 2009

Audrey Joanne Part 1

Hello all.

I have gotten several requests to blog, but I am finding it very very hard to do. I have too much to say and no time to say it. I can bearly focus on typing this as I am expecting a baby to cry any second...
So, anyways, you all know everything but just in case you wanna know again..
I had a baby! Audrey Joanne Lewis was born on April 19th 2009 at 5:17am. My water broke the evening before (after a 12 hour shift at work) at Whistle Binkies (akward). We finally got to the hosital an hour later and so labor began. At 4cm I had an epidural and less than 2 hours later I was 10cm and she was comin'. Labor was 7.5 hours and I only pushed for 35 mins. The pain was quite intense, I don't think the epidural did it's job towards the end, it hurt real bad, lemme tell ya.
All the sudden a screaming little baby entered the world. She cried for a few seconds and then before I knew it she was plopped in my arms. Chris and I stared at her in amazement and what do ya know, she stared right back for a very long time. She looked so tiny and perfect. Her face was delicate and petite, not all bloated and blotchy like I excpected it to be. We gave her lots of kisses and she was taken for a bit to get her hep B shot and some other things.

OK, she's crying now, so I guess that's all we're getting for now.........to be continued
Just got my gown on and I'm ready as I'll ever be to have a baby!
Audrey Joanne, on her birthday. 8lbs 4oz, 20 and 3/4 inches.
What a tiny little sweetheart. We love her more than we could describe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it...She Blogged. Thanks for the update Brianna...Unclerick

Jackie said...

Yay...an update. There are alot more things to do now that you're a mommy...like get some rest, blogging comes in last for awhile, but when you can just little "snippets" work too, people enjoy the updates whether they are long of short. Love you

Cindy's Closet said...

This was great Bri! Thanks for the beautiful update and great neice! She is perfect!

Heather said...

Woot you blogged! You should learn to blog with one hand so you can balance Audrey with the other. You should be able to feed her or change her diaper while blogging...I mean seriously there really is no excuse. haha JK!

granny said...

Great update. I really enjoyed it even tho we already knew most of the stuff. Good job and thanks for Monday.

Megan said...

I"M SO HAPPY YOU BLOGGED! nap time is a good time to do that..unless, of course, you need a nap too! You're being such a good mommy. I love you Cousin. Your family is wonderful!

Cheri said...

Good update. No need to write books...it's more important to be reading them to yourself and Audrey! I'd rather you take a nap than blog...cuz you need that more than I need a blog post. :)